Wiper Blade Replacement near Jupiter, FL
The rain in the Vero Beach area is no joke! Making sure your Honda is prepared and ready to weather any storm is vital for the longevity of your Honda, as well as your safety. Here is all you need to know about maintaining and replacing the wiper blades on your honda, provided by your Vero Beach Honda dealer.
According to Rainx, wiper blades should be replaced every six months to a year or as soon as you notice a difference in driving visibility. When wiper blades no longer make proper contact with the windshield surface, they can begin to squeak, chatter, skip, smear or streak reducing driving visibility.
When inspecting wiper blades, look for the following:
- Broken frame – detachment of frame arms at joints or connection points.
- Metal Corrosion – especially at joints and claws.
- Visible cracks, tears, and missing pieces in the rubber squeegee’s edge.
- Flex rubber squeegee back and forth to see if it is still flexible. Aged squeegees will have difficulty conforming to the shape of your windshield and create streaks.
- Check squeegee wiping edge for rounded edges which can prevent the wiper blade from making strong contact with the windshield and reduces wipe quality.
- Tug to ensure wiper blade has been securely installed on the wiper arm.
- Check that squeegee is secure in the wiper frame.
If you have noticed that your wiper blades are not working properly, or are not in the best condition, it might be time to make an appointment with our Honda Service center, and get them replaced.
Wiper Blade Replacement Service Available in Vero Beach
Bring in your Honda to our service center and make sure it is in tip-top shape and ready for whatever the rain may bring. Use our easy and efficient online service scheduler, or contact us at our Vero Beach dealership to make an appointment!