The rain in the Vero Beach area is no joke! Making sure your Honda is prepared and ready to weather any storm is vital for the longevity of your Honda, as well as your safety. Here is all you need to know about maintaining and replacing the wiper blades on your honda, provided by your Vero Beach Honda dealer.
According to Rainx, wiper blades should be replaced every six months to a year or as soon as you notice a difference in driving visibility. When wiper blades no longer make proper contact with the windshield surface, they can begin to squeak, chatter, skip, smear or streak reducing driving visibility.
When inspecting wiper blades, look for the following:
- Broken frame – detachment of frame arms at joints or connection points.
- Metal Corrosion – especially at joints and claws.
- Visible cracks, tears, and missing pieces in the rubber squeegee’s edge.
- Flex rubber squeegee back and forth to see if it is still flexible. Aged squeegees will have difficulty conforming to the shape of your windshield and create streaks.
- Check squeegee wiping edge for rounded edges which can prevent the wiper blade from making strong contact with the windshield and reduces wipe quality.
- Tug to ensure wiper blade has been securely installed on the wiper arm.
- Check that squeegee is secure in the wiper frame.
If you have noticed that your wiper blades are not working properly, or are not in the best condition, it might be time to make an appointment with our Honda Service center, and get them replaced.
Wiper Fun Facts:
- 90% of driving decisions are based solely on vision.
- A survey of vehicles going through check lanes during National Car Care Month had shown that one in five vehicles had deficient windshield wipers or washing systems that could seriously impair the driver’s vision.
- Drivers often wait several years to switch out a pair of wipers that went bad after only six to 12 months.
- The United States had a total of 231,289,998 vehicles registered in 2004, and with one in five vehicles having deficient windshield wipers or washing systems, it is estimated that a total of 46,277,999 individuals are driving with impaired vision during stormy weather.
- It is recommended that wiper blades be changed at least every year.
- Research indicates that 60% of the drivers who don’t install their own wiper blades cite difficult installation as the reason.
- Every minute of the day, 1 billion tons of rain falls on the earth.
- The total amount of precipitation the earth receives each year as snow, hail, and rain is equivalent to 10 million gallons of water for every person in the United States.
- Buffalo, NY is considered the wettest city in the continental 48 states receiving some form of precipitation a total of 169 days a year. Louisiana is the wettest continental state receiving over 60 inches of rainfall over the course of an average year and Hawaii is the wettest state overall receiving 63.7 inches of rain a year.
- Each year an average of 105 snow-producing storms affect the continental United States. A typical storm will have a snow-producing lifetime of two to five days and will bring snow to portions of several states.
- A small fluffy cumulous cloud may hold 100 to 1000 tons of liquid water.
- There are over 5,000 albums produced since 1960 containing at least one song with the word “rain” in the title.
Wiper Blade Replacement Service Available in Vero Beach
Bring in your Honda to our service center and make sure it is in tip-top shape and ready for whatever the rain may bring. Use our easy and efficient online service scheduler, or contact us at our Vero Beach dealership to make an appointment!